22 August 2018

The Ebor Festival - York Racecourse

The Ebor Festival was first established in 1843 but there has been racing on the Knavesmire since at least the 1700s. The architecture at York Racecourse is as striking as it is diverse. The original Grandstand was pulled down in 1965, with the Melrose Stand being added in 1989. The Knavesmire Stand followed in 1989, and the Ebor Stand completes the set, opened in 2003.